Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my ticket on Delta (or any other airline serving Chattanooga)?
You may contact your carrier directly via the links below:
How much is a flight from Chattanooga to...?
Airline ticket prices frequently change due to fare sales or because various fare categories are constantly becoming sold out or getting re-opened as other travelers buy or cancel seats.
To get the best fare possible, be flexible and book as early as possible. Airlines sometimes offer sales on off-peak days like Tuesday and Thursday. Travel agents can help you find good fares and simplify the booking process. You may also want to shop for fares through online travel sites like Travelocity or Orbitz.
When booking online, make sure you check a variety of times and days to find the best possible fare. Airlines frequently offer discounts and special fares only available on their websites. Also read the fine print before purchasing. Most of the deeply discounted fares are very restricted and non-refundable.
How much is a rental car at the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport?
Rental car rates vary by vehicle class and provider. For up-to-date rental car rates, please contact one of the providers.
Can I leave my car at the Airport when I'm going to be gone for several days?
Yes. We offer both short-term and long-term parking.
What is the difference between short-term and long-term parking?
Short-Term Parking is adjacent to the terminal and is convenient with passenger pick-ups, departures and arrivals centralized all in one place. Short term parking rates are free for the first 15 minutes, $1.00 between 16 - 30 minutes, $2.00 between 30-50 minutes, $2.00 for each additional 30 minutes, or $16 per day.
Long-Term Parking is only a short walk from the terminal, with unlimited use (unlike Atlanta's one to three day restrictions). Long term parking rates are free for the first 15 minutes, $1.00 between 16 - 30 minutes, $2.00 between 30-50 minutes, $2.00 for each additional 30 minutes, or $9 per day.
Can I exchange foreign currency at the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport?
The Chattanooga Airport does not offer currency exchange services at this time. Please contact your banking institution for assistance in locating currency exchange in the local area.
I'm missing a bag from my airline. Where do I pick it up in Chattanooga?
Sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances along your connections, luggage might be delayed in its arrival to Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport. If this occurs. it may be recovered upon it's arrival at the ticket counter of the airline you flew with.
In which time zone is Chattanooga located?
Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone.
What can I take through the security checkpoint?
Solid food items (not liquids or gels) can be transported in either your carry-on or checked bags. Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not allowed in carry-on bags and should be placed in your checked bags if possible.
Baby food is allowed in reasonable quantities in carry-on bags. Remove these items from your carry-on bag to be screened separately from the rest of your belongings. Formula, breast milk and juice are allowed in reasonable quantities in carry-on bags. Remove these items from your carry-on bag to be screened separately from the rest of your belongings. You do not need to travel with your child to bring breast milk.
Bottled water is permitted only in containers less than 3.4 oz/100 ml
For a detailed list of what items are and are not permitted, please review TSA's list of permitted and forbidden items.
Firearms, ammunition, BB guns, compressed air guns are permitted only in checked bags with special instructions. Travelers should be aware of the local firearms laws of their destinations, including carry permit reciprocity, and act accordingly.
Should I check my medication or carry it on the plane?
You may carry on your medication, with some qualifiers. Here are a few tips that you might find helpful.
- It is not necessary to present your medication to, or notify an officer about any medication you are traveling with unless it is in liquid form (See next bullet).
- Medication in liquid form is allowed in carry-on bags in excess of 3.4 ounces in reasonable quantities for the flight. It is not necessary to place medically required liquids in a zip-top bag. However, you must tell the officer that you have medically necessary liquids at the start of the screening checkpoint process. Medically required liquids will be subjected to additional screening that could include being asked to open the container.
- You can bring your medication in pill or solid form in unlimited amounts as long as it is screened.
- You can travel with your medication in both carry-on and checked baggage. It’s highly recommended you place these items in your carry-on in the event that you need immediate access.
- TSA does not require passengers to have medications in prescription bottles, but states have individual laws regarding the labeling of prescription medication with which passengers need to comply.
- Medication is usually screened by X-ray; however, if a passenger does not want a medication X-rayed, he or she may ask for an inspection instead. This request must be made before any items are sent through the X-ray tunnel.
- Nitroglycerin tablets and spray (used to treat episodes of angina in people who have coronary artery disease) are permitted and have never been prohibited.
Do airlines and TSA accept paper I.D.?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You may be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.
You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you chose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.
What kind of identification do kids need?
TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.
Do you have a Lost and Found?
Yes. TheLost and Found office at Chattanooga Airport is located in the Dispatcher's Office on the lower level of the rotunda. Open between 8 am and 4.30 pm, the Lost and Found office can be contacted on (423) 855-2204.
Does Southwest fly into Chattanooga?
No. At this time Southwest does not fly into Chattanooga. Currently Allegiant, American, Delta and United have routes to and from Chattanooga to Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, New York, Orlando, Tampa, and Washington DC.